As the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has moved into Phase III Step 2 of reopening, many of the restrictions we faced last fall have been modified. The full details can be found on the Mass Youth Soccer website here.
The highlights are:
- Masks are still required by all players, coaches, referees, and spectators. For players, masks must loop around the ears, gaiters, and masks that tie are not permissible. Masks may be briefly removed to drink or eat.
- Spectators are limited to two adults plus siblings of players. Spectators must stay 8 feet away from the field and family units must maintain 6 feet distancing at all times.
- Players and coaches in the bench area are to remain 6 feet apart.
- No handshakes, hi-fives, etc.
- Each player should bring their own equipment, water, towels etc. to each game and practice.
- The games themselves, will no longer have any COVID changes (except for masks). All of the temporary rule changes from the fall have been lifted.