- First player on each line comes into the game and plays 2 v. 2.
- Coach serves ball to one of the four corners.
- Game continues until goal is scored or the ball goes out of bounds.
- Coach immediately puts a new ball into play when ball is out of bounds.
- Playing quickly, one or two touch.
- Finding the open player with he best opportunity to score.
- Recognizing passing "seams".
- Passing and receiving.
- Combination play.
- Recovery runs.
- Pressure, cover (first and second defender principles).
Try These Variations
- Vary the type of the serve to each corner (high, low, hard, chipped, driven).
- Increase the size of the grid for greater fitness demands (44 X 40).
Decrease the size of the grid to make the attackers play quicker (20 X 20).